In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Time is Drawing Near


It's nearly here. Tomorrow is the start of the Breast Cancer 3-Day. No, I haven't quite trained like I should have, but I guess I'm ready nonetheless. I'm sure it will be a challenge, but one I'm fairly excited to encounter. This is apparently the route:

Day One of the Atlanta Breast Cancer 3-Day will open at North Point Mall in Alpharetta. We’ll proceed through newer parts of the Atlanta metro area and make our way into the Lake Windward neighborhoods. Continuing through this development will lead us into the new city of Johns Creek, incorporated in December of 2006. We’ll wrap up the day with a short bus ride to camp to settle in and set up our "home away from home" for the weekend.

Day Two will find us remaining in the northern suburbs of Atlanta, making our way through various neighborhoods and towns. We’ll cross the Chattahoochee River a time or two, and be shaded by some of the many beautiful trees in the Atlanta area. Heading back toward camp we’ll pass through a charming downtown, and settle in for the night to rest up and get ready for Day Three.

Day Three will provide a good sampling of well-known parts of Atlanta. After making our way to the perimeter of Atlanta by bus, we’ll meander through older neighborhoods and head into the Buckhead community, passing popular shopping and business areas. We’ll proceed further into the heart of Atlanta, seeing Midtown and Downtown off in the distance and progressing toward them. The conclusion of the event will be in Piedmont Park, in the heart of Midtown, where we’ll celebrate a job well done.

And if anyone is really interested in seeing all of us crazy people walk by, there will be cheering stations set up:

Day One - Friday, October 12

Mile Marker 6
9:00 am - 11:00 am
North American Mission Board
4200 North Point Pkwy
Alpharetta, GA 30022
Map


Day Two - Saturday, October 13

Mile Marker 6.9
9:15 am - 11:30 am
Oreck Vacuums Store
5005 Peachtree Pkwy
Norcross, GA 30092
Map

Mile Market 16.8
12:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Duluth Monarch School
3057 Main Street
Duluth, GA 30096

Map


Day Three - Sunday, October 14

Mile Marker 5
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Lowe’s
4950 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
Chamblee, GA 30341
Map


Mile Marker 12.8
11:00 am – 3:00 pm
The Shops of Buckhead
2221 Peachtree Road
Atlanta, GA 30309

Map

For the most up-to-date supporter information, check out the Atlanta Supporter Handbook webpage.


Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

You GO, girl!

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

I've been thinking about you all weekend. I hope everything went well...