




Jarrett's dad and Susan came down to pay us a visit this weekend, which was a lot of fun. We visited the Farmer's Market and had dinner out at Crescent Moon on Friday night, and then stayed up for awhile just chatting and catching up. I made a breakfast of whole wheat pancakes (with fresh strawberries and whipped cream) and turkey sausage on Saturday morning, and then we set out for a day at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. The weather was perfect, and many of the plants -- including the lovely roses -- were in full bloom. This was only the second time Jarrett and I had been to the Botanical Gardens, so it was fun just strolling around and dreaming how we might one day landscape our own yard! We took a late afternoon nap at home and then went out for a bit to a pottery opening at Mudfire Studio, and then went back home and I cooked dinner -- whole wheat penne with ricotta and vegetables (it turned out much better than I anticipated). After a night of rather interrupted sleep due to the storms and sirens (if you know me, you know that I don't do well with tornado warnings), we went to the early service at church and then out to a nice brunch at Vinocity in Kirkwood. We walked around Downtown Decatur a bit and stopped by Tim and Kate's place so they could check out their house, and then they were off to head back home to North Carolina. It was definitely a weekend full of activity, but I still feel like it was decently relaxing... and it was just great spending some time with them.
I never posted about last weekend, but Jarrett's brother, Stephen, came down a week ago Wednesday and stayed with us through last Sunday. He had just had his middle finger on his left hand partially amputated as a result of a bad work accident he was involved in last year, so I was quite impressed that he wanted to make the long drive down, but it was definitely good to have him -- and I think it was good for him to get away for a little while. We didn't do anything too terribly exciting, I guess, but it was fun just hanging out.
1 comment:
first i would worry about getting grass in the yard lol
Post a Comment