In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Thursday, October 16, 2008

The First Baby Helms

Poor Merckx has been somewhat neglected since Elsa entered the picture. Sure, we still take him on walks, pet him (even if I have to do it with my foot while holding Elsa), and, of course, feed him and make sure he has water to drink, but the poor guy was looking a lot like Pig Pen yesterday -- either that or a ghillie suit. The brushing just had to take the back burner. A new doggy daycare/boarding/grooming facility opened up in the area recently, and I decided to give them a shot at grooming. After the bad experience last go around, I decided it was time to try someone new, and I called beforehand to make sure the groomer had experience with Samoyeds. Thankfully she did -- and Merckx looks awesome! I'm sure he must feel better too.



1 comment:

Stephen said...

They get used to playing second fiddle pretty quickly.