After a roller coaster of an intense four-day potty training stint at home last week and over last weekend, we were ready to get out as a family last Sunday evening and enjoy the warmer temperatures. I do not know that it is worth getting into the details of the potty training right now -- perhaps I will blog about that in my next post -- but let me just say that I cannot explain to you how excited Elsa was to get out of the house last Sunday. As was I. We enjoyed some time at the park across the street, and then went out to a nice dinner, the three of us. And that was just the beginning of a week full of quality time outdoors, which I think both Elsa and I were ever craving.
We put potty training on hold this last week for the most part and enjoyed many walks, frequented the local parks, grabbed lunch out on Raging Burrito's patio on a walk all the way into Decatur, and made a visit to the zoo, all with Kate and James. Then on Saturday, we went to the zoo again, this time with Daddy as well. Despite the increased number of people, it was really nice to enjoy the zoo together for the first time as a family. Elsa had fun running around, looking at all of the animals, and petting and brushing the pigs and goats in the petting zoo. And whereas she chose to use both of her ride tickets for the train earlier in the week, on Saturday she chose the carousel ("No train today! Just the carousel."), and Jarrett and I took turns riding with her. Then, yesterday evening, we walked over to Tim and Kate's house, met up with them (and James, of course) and all walked into Decatur again, hoping to go to Taqueria del Sol, but ended up at FarmBurger because of the long line at the taqueria.
It has been so nice to be outside, enjoying the fresh air and the sunshine. I fear this is the typical pre-spring teaser, though, and expect cooler temperatures are bound for us again before the warmth is here to stay. Nonetheless, we will savor it while we can.





2 comments:
Fun! I definitely picked the wrong week to escape winter!
SERIOUSLY. That long brown hair. Elsa is SO pretty. I'm jealous that you get to make curly pony tails to your heart's content. If it all works out and she lets me, I want to do one too when I'm in town. ;-)
Post a Comment