At three years and four months of age, Elsa finally had her first haircut this past Saturday. She had such a head full of hair as a newborn, and never really lost too much of it, so I still consider a lot of it to be her baby hair. However, over the months and years, as it grew longer and longer, it became more and more curly and more and more light. Because of many a negative combing episodes as of late, due to many a tangle (
rats' nests, really) there have been several occasions where I have threatened to just cut all of her hair off and avoid all of the trauma and tears. But then, inevitably, total strangers would tell me how beautiful my child's hair is, I would get all sentimental, and finally decide there was no way I could cut it
at all. Finally, I caved. We took her to
Salon Red Kids in Decatur, where she sat in an old toy car, watched a movie, and remained totally calm as the woman cut away, three inches of those beautiful locks falling to the floor.
I totally failed as a mother and did not take official "before" photos, nor did I remember to grab the camera before we ran out the door to the appointment. I do have some photos of her, pre-cut, in the bathtub (well, and all of the other obvious photos on the blog), and we tried to capture some, mid-cut, with Jarrett's phone, though they did not turn out so well, of course (and, as I post this later with photos, we have failed to be able to get them off his phone).
 |
| Before |
 |
| After |
 |
| After... just for fun |
And this is her, post-cut. I did tell the stylist to take three inches off -- and perhaps she did -- but you cannot really tell too much of a difference. I mainly see it in her now blunt ponytail. The one that used to have baby hair trailing to a point, midback. She might not look too different to anyone else, but even that small difference makes her seem even more grown up to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment