In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Monday, July 09, 2012

Truly Sitting Up

Yesterday morning, in the wee hours, around 4:00 a.m., I went into the back room to find Avie sitting up in the pack-and-play. And I haven't come in after a sleeping period to see her laying down since. She seems duly pleased with herself each and every time I find her, and it is unbelievably cute. To find out just how she does it, I tortured her yesterday evening, by laying her down on her back on the floor, and just watched and waited. After being upset for a period of time, she rolled onto her belly and then worked to eventually kind of scoot up onto her knees and, in a slightly sideways fashion, get up onto her bottom, eventually scooting her legs out in front of her.

The downside? She cannot seem to figure out that she can lay back down. I somewhat remember this happening with Elsa for a short period of time, so hopefully it will not last long, as getting her down for a nap this morning was more challenging than usual. She kept sitting up and then getting upset. The last time I went in before finally getting her settled down to where she went to sleep, she was still sitting up, but totally hunched over, nearly asleep, and started a very pitiful cry when she saw me.

And, in other news, she is so on the verge of crawling. I think it will happen this week, two weeks max.  You can tell she so wants to move -- she just needs to get those knees moving!

No comments: