Dear Aveline,
Wow. What a big step is marked by this day. A big step for you. A big step for me. A big step for our family. Today, my sweet one, you begin kindergarten.
As I knelt beside you, you sitting in your little blue chair at your classroom table, you told me you did not want me to leave. But I reminded you that I would be standing outside waiting for you at the end of your day, ready to give you a giant hug and a kiss, and that seemed to be all the comfort you needed. I kept looking back at you as I left your classroom, and I even snuck in taking a few photos of you sitting in your seat and putting together the Oreo shape-matching set, and yet you never even looked toward the door. This gave your mama the confidence I needed to take a deep breath and tell myself, "She's got this."
And you do have this. You will blossom and flourish in kindergarten, my dear. For this, I am certain. You were a little nervous this morning, just because of the unknown, I think, more than anything. But once you make a couple of friends and get the routine down, I know you will do great things. Mostly, you are excited. When we were going to bed last night, you stated that the worst part of your day was that kindergarten did not start that day. So I cannot wait to hear all about how this first day was for you.
And that is what I want, more than anything, to be here for you as you start this big journey in your education. I want to be a listening ear. I want to be a solid force -- a rock -- in your life, of which you know you can always run to when you feel like you are on shaky ground. I want you to know that I will always love you and be your biggest fan. No. Matter. What. I want to be here for your highs. And I want to be here for your lows. For the cheers. And to wipe away the tears.
How amazingly fun it is to see you and your sister in elementary school together. You were giving each other hugs last night and this morning, and being so sweet to one another as you started your first days today. May that bond only grow stronger as well.
I love you, my little bird. May you spread your wings and soar through these winds of change.
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment