So it's been quite awhile since my last post -- I suppose I had even almost given up on keeping this blog altogether -- yet here I am, typing once again. And I don't even know that I have anything that exciting to write.
My dad is still in search of a job. He's gotten a lot of leads and thankfully knows a lot of people in his field, which is helping out, but still no solid offer. Please continue to send good thoughts and prayers his way. Thankfully my brother got his old security job back, which is a huge relief, especially to my mom.
We have been dealing with another family crisis, though. Jarrett's dad has a tumor in his throat, quite close to his larynx, making us wonder what surgery could possibly do to his vocal chords. Thankfully (more thankfully than you can even imagine), it is benign. The doctor is still unsure of the root cause, so we just continue to hope that he will become enlightened after further testing.
Otherwise, things have been relatively good. Work has been quite insane for both me and Jarrett, and we've been lacking in the exercise department (not a good combination, by the way) -- and here I am up too late to even contemplate getting up at 5:20 a.m. to jog. Oh well.
Cindy and I (with our Women in Focus photography club) visited an incredible house tonight -- the house of photographer, Lucinda Bunnen. She has an extensive collection of photography and other art, including photographs by Ansel Adams, Imogen Cunningham, and Edward Weston (actually, I guess she donated her Weston -- his Palma Cuernavaca II -- to the High). Anyway, walking around her house took my breath away. It was unbelievable. It's even too much for words. Stunning. Jealousy-inducing.
No comments:
Post a Comment