In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Great Pumpkin

The image “http://www.cel-ebration.com/ITS-GREAT-PUMPKIN-CB-I.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

I love fall for many reasons -- the crisp, cool air; the changing color of the leaves; Thanksgiving; hot, steamy tea in the evenings; pulling the sweaters out of the cedar chest; etc. But one of the things I love most is pumpkin anything.

So far this fall I've tried two pumpkin pancake recipes, have tried every brand of pumpkin beer I've laid eyes on, have had the pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks, I've had pumpkin/apple pie that a friend made, and I'll probably make pumpkin bread tomorrow. Oh... and my yummy pumpkin cheesecake with bourbon whipped cream at Thanksgiving.

You know how little kids' skin can start turning orange when they eat too many carrots? Yeah, I'm asking for it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i missed the great pumpkin this year on tv i am upset lol

Christi said...

Me too!!! :(