In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Waterbirth Class

Last Thursday evening, Jarrett and I attended a waterbirth class at the hospital, which is required for those who desire trying for a waterbirth when the big day arrives. The class, though only about an hour and a half in length, was quite informative, and left us both feeling more prepared and better equipped with the knowledge of what we should actually expect with a waterbirth. We also left with a list of rather odd items that we are to bring with us to the hospital, specifically for use during the waterbirth. I'll let you figure out what they might be for:
  • Two small kiddie swim rings (and possibly one of the small inflatable kiddie rafts)
  • Bath pillow (optional)
  • Swim trunks for Jarrett
  • Aquarium fish net
  • Antibacterial soap
  • Flip flops
I got our fish net and antibacterial soap over the weekend, so I'm feeling somewhat prepared... although, when I think in general about packing our hospital bag (which we really need to think about doing soon) I feel like I start running circles in my mind. I just can't believe how close we're getting!

2 comments:

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

Aquarium fish net? Huh.

Anonymous said...

It is killing me. What is the net for?

Kim F