In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Good Friday

I think this was one of the best Fridays for Elsa, as she was showered with Easter gifts. She started the morning by opening an Easter card from Grandma and Grandpa (and loved that the lamb on the front had a purple face -- "Purple lamb!"). Then she was off to Gabriela's for a fun day of playgroup.

During her nap that afternoon, I laid out her little purple Easter basket and purple-wrapped gift from Grandma and Grandpa, and a package also arrived from Sue and Amy. So when Elsa woke up, she was super excited to start opening, as you can see in the videos below. (If you are wondering what the container of dirt is, sitting on the coffee table, it is the wheat she planted at Miss Gabriela's. And it sprouted overnight! We will have fun watching it continue to grow here at the house.)




So I think today will be filled with some movie watching and cupcake baking. Thank you all for the sweet gifts. I know Elsa was thrilled to receive them.

We have already had our Easter egg hunt here at the house this morning (will blog about that later), and plan on getting out to Stone Mountain for a good walk around the park and romp in the playground.

Tomorrow will likely be filled with more reminders of the real reason for this holiday, although I have found it a bit difficult to attempt to explain all of that to a two-and-a-half-year old. Perhaps the Sunday school teachers will do a better job of it in the morning!

1 comment:

Amy + Michael said...

I'm SO glad Elsa liked her gifts! I had to laugh while watching her opening them (esp. the apron!), as I do tend to use a lot of tape when I wrap! ;)