I saw Anjli at Intown Midwifery yesterday morning for a check-up after Sunday's scare, and it seems things are fine for now. When I arrived, I peed in a cup as usual, was weighed, and had my blood pressure taken. I cannot remember any of the numbers from the measurements, as I was chatting with the nurse while everything was done, and nothing was said about the urine sample, most likely because I am on an antibiotic, so nothing would show up anyway.
I showed Anjli the test results from the urine analysis done Sunday, and she said it certainly did not look like a urinary tract infection to her. She asked if they checked my cervix while in the hospital, and I said they had and that it was completely closed. She said the only other tests she would have performed had I been in town and seen her instead were two swab tests -- one that would have come up positive or negative for other indications of preterm labor, and one that would have tested for things like yeast or other bacteria. However, since I am feeling better and am already on antibiotics, she said that we might as well just continue with the antibiotics. Obviously if any symptoms creep up again, I am to go into the office once again for further testing.
I will keep the appointment that was already scheduled with them for May 25, and Anjli indicated that they will likely perform my glucose test at that visit.
So, all in all, it was a fairly harmless appointment. Let us cross our fingers that this was just one, single episode that will not reoccur for the remainder of the pregnancy.
No comments:
Post a Comment