Today marks Aveline's one-month birthday. She made her mommy happy by sleeping her longest stretch of sleep at the beginning of last night -- six-and-a-half hours! Seeing as that is, on average, the amount of total (broken) sleep I have been getting since her birth, I was quite happy. And it felt delightful.
Avie is a joy. She continues to cry "appropriately" for her age, it seems -- when she is hungry, has a dirty diaper, or is tired. And at the typical baby witching hour in the evening before it is time to go to bed for the night. She has started having longer periods of awake time, and though she is not always happy during these moments, she is also not always crying. In this way, she certainly differs from Elsa. Bystanders continue to comment how alert and peaceful she seems, and this makes my heart smile. Elsa is my dear, precious, most lovable first child. I love her beyond measure. But I have to admit that I prayed for an easier go of it with the second child, and so far I have been blessed.
Aveline seems to have started taking more interest in things around her, especially, as I mentioned before, the wall hanging above the changing table and, of course, our faces. She also continues to enjoy bathtime, and in feeling comfortable about the healing of her belly button, she finally had her first "real" bath last Thursday. Lately she has been attempting to meet her fist with her mouth, and much to her sucking satisfaction, has even succeeded a couple of times. She has also developed a new skill -- blowing bubbles with her saliva. She is our pacifier baby and, though not always, can often truly be pacified via those means.
I take her to the doctor tomorrow, so I will have all of the official one-month stats to report then. I hear her waking on the couch now, so it is time to get back on Mommy duty!








3 comments:
Goodness gumdrops you make some cute babies! And normally I phrases like goodness gumdrops do not come into my head but it was something about her poochy lips and cute little nose...
What a sweet little one you've got there. So glad she's giving you a fairly easy time of it too. :) Love all the pictures!
I'm so happy she's a calm baby! Love the pictures of her with Jarrett at the end.
Post a Comment