In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Monday, March 25, 2013

Easter Egg Craft

The colder temperatures this week are going to call for more indoor activities, so with it being the week leading up to Easter, I decided to try a craft idea I found on this website, via Pinterest. It combines an Easter craft with messy play, which I think is great, especially since I've been trying to do more messy play here and there with the girls. And with my OCD tendencies, conducting the messy play in the bathtub was brilliant. Plus it was bath night anyway, so it is a win any way you cut it.

First, I put the girls in the bathtub and then proceeded to squirt an entire can of shaving cream in between them. They thought this was hilarious. Then I drizzled several different colors of washable paint over the shaving cream. With plastic forks in hand, the girls mixed the paint into the shaving cream.




They then took the egg-shaped foam pieces and pressed them into the color-swirled cream (Elsa was into this part of the activity; Avie really preferred to just continue stirring) and then set the eggs on the side of the tub. (I found pre-cut foam pieces, which made things even easier.)




Then, while the girls played in the colored shaving cream until it all turned a shade of brownish pink, I stuck each egg to the tile in the tub/shower and used a squeegee to remove the excess foam, leaving behind colored Easter eggs.


Oh, and then, of course, it was time for a bubble bath.


This was super fun -- and now we have some Easter decorations to hang in the windows!


5 comments:

Jodi said...

That is brillant!

katedrum said...

What a wonderfully enriched activity for home! As a pediatric occupational therapist, I highly recommend this activity for children! The added bonus of the use of the tub is wonderful--contained mess with an easy clean up. Thank you so much for posting!

katedrum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison LeBlanc said...

So cool! I love that both of the girls were able to do it!

Christy said...

So fun! Love it! And I just love your sandbox.