In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Sunday, March 03, 2013

February Recap

Wow. This averaging one to two posts per month has me feeling like I am in failure mode. But, alas, such is life. We have been busy with our children, and super busy with the business. We fought the flu around here for about three weeks, and Aveline is still fighting some other bug she caught at the beginning of last week (you have to love the church nursery -- the girls and I are staying home today, just sayin').

So, anyway, a lot has gone on since my last post. There was another coffee/hot cocoa date with my Elsa after music class last Thursday.



There was, what averages, our monthly zoo outing. Of course, the highlights are always the carousel and the train rides. Although, Elsa has been quite partial to the elephants over the last few trips too, which I appreciate since they were my favorite as a little tyke.




Valentine's Day came and passed. It is always a sweet time at Gabriela's, and we made homemade felt and yarn Valentine necklaces to pass out at the Valentine's Day party (which actually took place the day after Valentine's Day). One of the many benefits of Jarrett working from home is that we were all able to attend the celebration. The children performed song and dance for us, and Avie was itching to get in the middle of it all. Jarrett and I celebrated too -- takeout Taqueria del Sol and a rented movie through Apple TV (of which I fell asleep in the middle). Things have come a long way since the start of this tradition in college when we ended up in the Taco Bell drive-through and a rental VHS tape from Blockbuster.


The girls and I made a trip up to Charlotte to visit with my mom and dad and brother while Elsa was out of "school" for mid-winter break. We were still all getting over being sick, but it was nice to get away from my own wreck of a house and just kick back and relax a bit. There was a mid-night run to urgent care for a seemingly bad earache for Elsa (resulting in an antibiotic prescription). My mom and I made it to a movie (always a highlight!), Silver Linings Playbook (it was a good one). And there was snow!














My best friend, Kate, had her second baby boy, Robert Lockwood. He is a keeper, for certain, and I cannot wait to meet him in person.

Aveline turned 17 months and had her first modeling debut. (I still need to blog about all of that!)

This roller coaster of a weather trend has brought with it some pretty fabulously beautiful days. We spent one afternoon this last week playing in our relatively new grass in the front yard. Elsa had a blast with her Stomp Rocket. I highly recommend this toy for energy release, exercise, and just pure joy. And Avie had fun pushing around the toy lawn mower and shopping cart, as well as chasing after the flying rockets.














1 comment:

Jenny said...

I cannot BELIEVE how much Elsa continues to look more and more like you!! Both girls are absolutely precious. Sounds like y'all have had a wonderful and full month! (Except for the flu part-- ugh.) (Just made a note to order Josephine a Stomp Rocket for her birthday coming up. I'm all for the self-sustained activities!)