There was also the arrival of Easter cards and gifts. Thank you to you all!
Also, the Friday leading up to Easter weekend, Jarrett and I ended up with appointments that overlapped each other kind of last minute, and Gabriela was kind enough to keep Avie (Elsa is already there on Fridays anyway) from 10:30 a.m. until the end of playgroup, around 1:15 p.m. Jarrett dropped her off on the way to his appointment (I was already at mine), and said she was totally fine when he left -- she just ran off and started playing. I was actually planning to pick her back up around noon, but when I texted Gabriela to let her know I was on my way, she said Avie was completely happy and that I could just wait until pick-up time, if I wanted. So I did, and Jarrett and I took advantage and went on a lunch date once he was finished with his appointment. When I went to pick up the girls, Avie was excited to see me, but it was clear she was having a fantastic time. The other children were being so sweet to her and saying how much they loved having her there. And she did not want to leave. She was playing in the handwashing basin, and then, once outside, it was onto the chickens and then she put herself in the wagon. It looks like (at least at this point) I won't have any trouble leaving her the one scheduled day a week at Gabriela's, beginning in the fall.












No comments:
Post a Comment