In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Friday, July 19, 2013

Aveline is Twenty-Two Months

Aveline turned twenty-two months old on Tuesday. Unfortunately, she wasn't feeling in a very partying sort of mood. The whole family has been hit by a summer cold, which is never fun, and Avie seems to have been hit the worst. Thankfully, after a couple of days of high fever, a nasty nose, and sleepless nights, she seems to be feeling a bit better. (This mama certainly hopes she makes it through the entire night tonight.)

The twenty-two-month mark -- so, potty training time! However, I will probably hold off starting the attempt until early August, as the girls are staying with my parents at the end of the month, and I feel the least I can do is spare them that additional work! (You're welcome, Mom and Dad.)

Avie is singing more lately. If Elsa starts singing, she tries to join in. She has sang with me in the rocking chair during our bedtime routine for some time now. And I've heard her attempting to sing along to many a song in the car lately. That little singing voice inevitably brings a smile to my face.

She still has a little waddle in her run, and when Jarrett and I discuss our torn feelings over her growing up, it is aspects such as these that I know I will miss.

Avie gets on and off couches and chairs pretty much with ease, and she looks like such a little girl sitting on the cushion there beside her big sister. She loves to swing, and will take off to the swing set, which sits a bit off from the main playground at the recreation center where our church currently meets, all the while patting her leg with her hand and saying, "Come on, Mama, come on." She still loves the stroller, and tolerates as long a walk as you wish to take. The amount of excitement she exudes at just the mention of the zoo is amazing. She doesn't seem to display an undying love for any one particular animal, but she does certainly love going.

So far, the only color she seems to really know is pink. Favorite color? I don't know.

Avie is a little more picky when it comes to food, but she will usually try most anything. And she adores milk. I am beginning to wonder if there is a worry over her ratio of milk drinking to that of water. "Ilk, ilk, ilk." All. Day. Long. And now she realizes Starbucks carries boxes of milk. Coolest thing ever, Mom! "Iiiiiiiiiiilk!!!" That's even more reason for us both to steer clear of that place. Or not.

She is already asking "Why?," which seems a little early! She responds, "Sure!" and "Thanks!," which is just cute. She loves watching trucks, airplanes, and trains. She loves playing outside. Unfortunately, the mosquitoes are not allowing as much of that as we would like! And, generally, she just seems to love life.

Our littlest is almost two. Gracious.




1 comment:

Jenny said...

i somehow missed this post in my feedly feed! she looks amazingly sweet. can't believe she's almost 2!!