In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Thursday, July 04, 2013

Callaway Gardens

Elsa, Avie, and I went with our friends, Stacey, Zoe, Cameron, and Noah to Callaway Gardens on June 13. It was my and the girls first time there, and I was fairly impressed. It wasn't too long a drive from home (albeit a rather boring drive), and the gardens themselves were beautiful. We really only ended up visiting the butterfly garden and the beach area, but from looking at the map, there was clearly much more to see

The girls were enchanted by all of the butterflies flying around them in the butterfly house. And the beach was really quite amazing. I heard from a friend about its white sandy beach and clear water, but I honestly did not truly believe it until I saw it for myself. What perfect swimming conditions! The water was bath temperature, and the roped-off shallow area was expansive and perfect for the kids. We did not come completely prepared, and I did not have a swimsuit for myself or chairs or enough toys, but next time we will know! And with the discovered free admission with our Atlanta Botanical Garden membership, there will most certainly be a next time!


Lots of cocoons.






Cameron and Elsa.



See the butterfly flying right next to Avie?





No comments: