(I got this idea from my friend, Alison, and just love how she expresses her feelings for her children as they head off to kindergarten.)
Dear Elsa,
As I left you at your kindergarten desk for the first time this morning with a big hug and a kiss and a "I will be back for you at 2:20," you left me with the best words you could have given this mommy: "I'm going to have so much fun today, Mommy!" And these words nearly released all the tears I was trying so hard to hold back, as a smile spread across my face. Yes, sweet one. Please do have fun. That is all I wish for you.
Daddy, Aveline, and I were so happy to see you walk proudly ahead of us to your classroom door, and march right on in, ready to take on kindergarten with everything you have been storing up inside of you these past nearly six years. You have had questions over the past weeks, laced with anticipation and maybe a little worry, but this morning you showed absolutely no signs of shyness or timidity. You were ready. And I cannot wait to hear all about all you experienced when Avie and I pick you up this afternoon.
You are a smart, beautiful, tender-hearted girl, and you will be a shining light in your classroom and in your school. I will be here, always, when you come home from your days, ready to listen when you want to talk, ready to comfort when you need rest.
So do go have fun, sweet girl. I know you will learn and grow, and I know you will do so great. I cannot wait to experience it all alongside you!
Love, Mommy
1 comment:
aw, very well said. I got a little choked up again this morning, too... these sweet girls!
Post a Comment