
So most of yesterday was spent outside, poolside. The weather was absolutely perfect – probably mid-to-high 80s, not a cloud in the sky, and, best of all, no humidity. I feel like I’m back in Oregon in terms of the nonhumidity factor. After a swim in the pool, drying in the sun on a lounge chair felt wonderful.
Kate and I didn’t even leave the house yesterday. The boys did make their way into town and picked up some more groceries for lunch and dinner. Tim is an awesome chef, so we’re completely spoiled that he’s here with us this week. With the leftover chicken from the night before, he made chicken salad, which we ate open-faced on croissants, accompanied by fresh slices of tomato, apple slices, and homemade potato salad – oh yeah, and a bottle of rose. We’re in France… you’ve got to drink wine with lunch too. For dinner we had pork loin (rotisserie style), roasted fingerling potatoes and carrots again (I could eat them for days), and bruschetta. Delicious.This morning I awoke to find a note on the back patio table from the owners inviting us over to their house for an evening aperitif, so that should be fun. We also discovered yesterday that we do have Internet access – we just need to get the password from them. Then I’ll actually be able to post these entries and let my parents know that, yes, we are still alive.
No comments:
Post a Comment