In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Friday, June 20, 2008

Salt Lake City

I arrived in Salt Lake City yesterday for my company's Annual Meeting, and my plan is just to cope and make my way through to next Wednesday when I get to go home. I'm going on 29 weeks pregnant, I'm missing Jarrett's birthday on Sunday, and I'm in a hotel room that apparently has a water leak because the carpet outside the bathroom is quite damp (someone is supposed to be up shortly to have a look). I was a bit less than enthused to go to the Meeting this time around for a variety of reasons, but I figure I'll survive, as I always do.

Salt Lake City itself (at least downtown) has yet to really impress me, but the surrounding mountains are quite beautiful. I think if I were here on vacation and actually had a chance to enjoy the outdoor activities Utah has to offer, I would probably be much more excited about being here.

Thankfully I'm here with friendly coworkers (and -- hey -- even a few of the members are surprisingly amiable), so that makes things bearable. We did enjoy a nice dinner last night at a local pub -- Red Rock BrewPub Restaurant. I think Jarrett would have liked it.

2 comments:

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

Hang in there... just (checking watch) five days to go... (I know that's probably small consolation, but at least it's not six!)

WILL said...

hey not much longer,