So not much has changed with Baby Helms over the course of a week... she just continues to grow, and I guess continues to contemplate when she should make her grand entrance into this world. She continues to build a layer of fat to help control her body temperature after birth, and Miss Melonhead herself (now the size of a mini watermelon) likely measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds. As time passes her outer layers of skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath. Someone must tell her all this primping really is not necessary. We want to meet her now!
The baby's feet are definitely in a different spot these days, and one that is very sensitive at that. I told that to Margaret, my midwife, and she said that it could be that the baby is kicking my liver. That would explain it! She can also definitely still reach my ribs, but that isn't nearly as bad... although it's a little strange to feel her foot kind of get stuck up under the rib cage for a second and then sort of pop out.
I did some cleaning/organizing over the weekend. You can call it nesting, but I probably would have felt the urge to do it even if I wasn't pregnant. I also went grocery shopping and purchased ingredients to make a homemade lasagna and a big pot of chili, which I made and put in the freezer last night so that we'll have something there that we can just heat and eat in those first few days after the little one arrives.
Jarrett's office also threw us a baby shower on Friday, which was really nice of them. It was kind of a surprise for Jarrett, and they invited me to come down over my lunch hour to take part in the festivities. Lunch was ordered in from Taqueria del Sol, one of our most favorite places to eat, and they got us a lot of nice things, including a Tigger Halloween costume Jarrett had seen in Babies R Us, and was extremely excited about. It is definitely cute.
So we're still feeling ready. In fact, we are just more prepared by the day. We got some more snacks for Jarrett to take to the hospital, and he made a few Labor and Delivery playlists for the iPod the other evening. I will definitely have a wide variety of musical distraction, which I am quite excited about. It will be interesting to see what I think during the throws of labor.
1 comment:
Hi! I didn’t see an email address, and I wanted to let you know this site has been added to the blogroll at Georgia on My Mind where I have an extensive list of Georgia blogs. I also maintain the Georgia Blog Carnival, and I invite you to participate. You can find more information about it at my site.
Post a Comment