In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Baby Hat

I knitted this hat for the first child of a friend of mine and her husband, a beautiful little girl whom I cannot wait to meet in person! I'm hoping I'm not ruining the surprise by posting a photo of it on the blog, but I figure our dear friends probably have their hands full and are not taking the time to read about my boring goings-on.

This was my first attempt at knitting in the round and using double-pointed needles, both of which I quite enjoyed even despite the awkwardness of the double-points.

This is what the photo on the pattern looked like:


And this was my end result:


As you can see, my ruffle around the edge didn't turn out quite like the photo, and I still can't figure out what they did to make theirs look the way it does. I think it might be the cast-on method they used, so I might try a different one with the next hat. We shall see.

No comments: