In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dr. Owen's Lotion Recipe

Since some of you have asked, here is the recipe for the lotion I made the other day. You should be able to find all of the ingredients at your local health food store. I got everything at Rainbow Natural Foods in Decatur, and ended up with a personal shopper of a guy who was extremely nice and showed me where everything was, which was awesome considering the ingredients were scattered throughout the store.

DR. OWEN'S LOTION

Melt in double boiler or in a pan over low heat (I created my own double boiler by putting some water in a pan and setting a stainless-steel bowl over that):

1 oz. bees wax
2 oz. coconut oil
2 oz. almond oil
1 oz. jojoba oil
1 oz. borage oil (I had to get this in gel capsule form and then pierce and squeeze out each capsule)

Mix into oil mixture once melted:

1 tsp. lecithin

Heat to warm (I just realized I forgot to heat these two ingredients... oops!):
3 oz. water
3 oz. liquid aloe

Add liquid to oils and whip until good consistency.

No comments: