In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Already?

Merckx started blowing his coat again a week or two ago, so our house has been quite covered with white hair. Our breeder told us at one point that Samoyeds blow their coat twice a year as puppies, but that once they mature, they only lose the hair once a year. Well Merckx has not followed by those rules -- it still seems to happen twice a year. Jarrett's theory is that this means he will live longer. I'll go with that.

This is me brushing Merckx over the weekend, trying to soothe him out of his pain. Jarrett just had to take a picture because he couldn't believe the amount of hair I was removing from the poor guy.


Speaking of Merckx's pain, he seems to be doing much better. He is eating and drinking again, he comes running when he hears me open a package of cheese, and I even heard him bark at a passing dog outside this morning. He still prefers to be sitting or lying down as a way to sort of protect his tail, I guess, but overall I think he is definitely on the mend.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I'm glad he's feeling a bit better... makes me happy. :)