In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Happy Birthday to Merckx (and Stephen)


Merckx turned five years old today. I believe that officially makes him a "senior," at least when it comes to the qualifications of dog food, which makes me a little sad... but he definitely does not act very senior-ish most of the time. To celebrate his big day, Elsa and I took him on a walk and I let him pee on plants to his heart's content. It is his day after all. I even allowed him to pull on the leash some, and as I was wearing Elsa in the front pack, she found much delight in all of his jerks and jolts. She laughed at him for at least the first half of the walk. I also made sure to get by the grocery store today to pick up some of his beloved doggy ice cream. It has become a birthday tradition now to buy the pack of four and let him enjoy the icy treat on his birthday and for the few days following. He loves it so much, I think he would eat the paper cup if we let him.

Happy birthday, Merckx. You'll always be our first baby.

(And happy birthday to Jarrett's brother, Stephen too -- you're so lucky to share the day with our favorite canine.)

1 comment:

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

I was thinking about Merckx recently. Looks like his fur is growing in nicely. Yay!

Happy birthday to him. :) Our dogs like Frosty Paws, too. Mmmmm...