
So we took a break from the infamous Margarita Bomb Party last year, as Jarrett thought my craziness over attaining a spic-and-span house and all of the margarita madness might be a little much for my pregnant self to take. Apparently we thought attempting it with a ten-month-old was completely normal -- and, really, Elsa was a champ. She slept through the entire night without a single peep. Although, I don't think I would have been able to hear her peeps anyway considering the level of noise that was racing through the house at points Saturday evening. We keep our baby monitor in our master bathroom, and at one point when I was in there I decided to flip it on just to make sure she wasn't crying. I didn't hear her at all -- just her thunderstorm white noise... and friends' conversations, loud and clear! I don't know how the Little Bean was sleeping through all of that. She definitely deserves more credit than I give her at times!
Jarrett's brother, Stephen, made the trip down and was here to help us in all of the preparations on Saturday. Because we had our house cleaned and did some of the outdoor duties earlier in the week, we felt much less stressed and worn out by the time the party rolled around, which was great. Stephen was a real trooper too. He didn't get here until nearly midnight on Friday night and had to leave yesterday late in the afternoon, still recovering from the aftermath of those margarita bombs. We wished he could have stayed around a little longer, but such is the life of the working man.
All in all, I think the party was a success. I have no idea how many people were here in total over the course of the evening, but my initial guess would be in the 50-person range. It was a smaller party than in years past, but still very much fun. We definitely lucked out in the weather department, with slightly cooler temperatures and no rain (it rained all night last night). I even managed to keep myself in check and did not suffer from a hangover yesterday. Others weren't so lucky, but several of us still did make it out to brunch the next morning -- or, ahem, afternoon. Elsa, of course, woke up around 6:30 a.m., as is fairly usual, so there was definitely no rest for this weary one. I finally called it a night around 3:30 a.m., but with waking up some with the noise of others heading home and Jarrett stumbling to bed around 4:30 a.m., I had less than three hours of sleep. I was able to sleep for another maybe 30 or 45 minutes during Elsa's morning nap, but that was it for the day until Jarrett and I decided to head to bed last night around 9:00 p.m. Of course, much to my chagrin, Elsa decided to wake up around 9:30, probably from teething pain, but thankfully it didn't take much to get her back down so I could enjoy a good night's rest.
In that last hour of the party I slept through, I apparently missed out on a lot. A handful of folks from the apartments behind us showed up, people were attempting to drink (and feed to others) water and Sweetwater simultaneously, and others were witnessing to each other. Am I sad I missed out on that.
It will probably take approximately 355 days to recover from this one, which gives us just enough time to get the place in order for the next Margarita Bomb in another year!
For your enjoyment, the following are before, during, and after photos (note that the after photos really don't look that terrible, considering we did not cleanup the night before... although when I went outside the next morning, the torches were still lit, candles were still burning, and landscaping lighting was still on).
Before:








During:




And after:









3 comments:
So sad we missed it yet again! Dare we try for next year with a 9 month old in tow?
Umm... yes! If Elsa could sleep in her room right off the kitchen, yours could definitely sleep in the back room. :)
I heard it was a lot of fun! I hope we can make it next year!
Post a Comment