In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Saturday, August 01, 2009

My Birth Mother: Part 2

I am sure, based on all of the kind comments I received, most of you remember my initial post about meeting my birth mother back in April. I received a letter from her around the end of June, containing photos of herself back when she was a teenager. I found it very interesting to see the similarities in our physical features. I think you can definitely see similarity in our faces, especially in her high school graduation photo (the last photo below). See for yourself! (The photos are scans of a scan, so they're not of the highest quality, but I think you can still get the gist.)

(February 1972 -- My birth mother, her mother, and her sister,
playing in the snow near Detroit Lake.)


(April 1972 -- Her brothers, my birth mother, and her sister.)

(June 1972 -- Her mother, my birth mother, her sister, and her grandmother
(her mother's mother) on the day of her sister's high school graduation
.)

(June 1973 -- My birth mother and her friend
on the day of their high school graduation.)


(June 1973 -- My birth mother's high school graduation photo.)

8 comments:

Alison LeBlanc said...

Wow, the resemblance is remarkable..especially in her graduation photo.

Amy + Michael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy + Michael said...

These photos were actually taken when my mom was a teenager. She had me after she had just turned 19 (in 1974), so I think she was 16 in the first 2 pictures, and 17 in the last 2. Young!

Amy + Michael said...

Okay, so I think she was 16 in the first 2 photos, 17 in the 3rd photo and 18 in the last 2 photos. It gets confusing. :)

Christi said...

That would make sense, considering she was still in high school. Think, Christi, think! :) I'm editing the blog entry now...

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

Wow! I scrolled down to the end of the post first, and thought that last picture WAS of you initially.

Cool that you got to see these photos.

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

WOW! I hope you don't mind, but I forwarded that initial post to some members of my family, and they ALL admired your bravery and spirit! What an incredible journey you are taking! Best wishes to you. We miss you!
Kim Fulcher

Christy said...

Oh my goodness, I'm just getting caught up on this whole story! Wow!!! That's what I get for falling waaaaay behind in my Meandering Minds reading. Never again! Thanks so much for sharing all this with us. I'm overwhelmed by all of it. I can't imagine how it must have felt to you.