In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Winter Sets In

My hands are beginning to crack and sting and Elsa's eczema is reappearing in little patches -- signs that winter is just around the corner. I decided to again use Dr. Owen's lotion recipe to whip up (literally) another batch of homemade lotion for a second year in a row. This time I remembered to heat the aloe and the water, which I think made for a much better consistency in the end. I've already used it on my hands, and relief is setting in. The lotion seems a bit greasy when you first rub it in, but the greasiness disappears (for the most part) after a few minutes. This will become Elsa's new after-bath lotion as of this evening!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Thank you for mentioning this lotion again!! I'd forgotten about the original post, and this is timed perfectly. With all the extra handwashing that comes with a baby, the skin between my fingers is beginning to hate me. And since lotion helps skin stay warm, it'll be good to have to rub on Josephine. Thanks!

(and as always, the pictures of Elsa at 15 months are precious. I so wish we were closer and I could spend more time around her and her mommy!)