In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Monday, May 24, 2010

First Sleepover

Our friends, Shelly and David, were having trouble finding a babysitter for this past Saturday evening, so I suggested they might try putting Christian down at our house, and just let him sleep the entire night over here. They were game, so we gave it a try, and it worked out great! After "playing" for about an hour before going to bed (Christian really played; Elsa was her shy self and basically hugged my legs and whined about sharing her toys), Elsa and Christian were a bit keyed up, so it took them awhile to actually fall asleep, but once they did, both of them slept through the night without issue. Elsa was in her room, and Christian was in our back bedroom/office.

I heard Christian around 7:15 a.m., and Elsa shortly thereafter, so I got them both up and made a pancake and bacon breakfast for everyone. I don't know that Christian was too keen on my gluten-free pancakes, but he did eat some, and seemed to enjoy the bacon.


After breakfast, Elsa seemed to warm up a little more to the entire sleepover idea. She carefully inspected Christian's Pack-n-Play.



And then after requesting some music, she and Christian danced in the living room and ran around being the little sillies they are.




The first sleepover was a success!

2 comments:

Christy said...

So cute! And fabulous that Christian didn't freak out in the morning.

I'm interested in your gluten thoughts. I did a short stint of gluten-freeness with Andrew and decided I was a huge fan of gluten. :-) Rice bread is horrible! Nonetheless, very interested in your thoughts!

Natalia said...

This is too cute! Chris and I are thinking of going away this weekend and now I know where we can drop Lucas off! He would eat the heck out of those pancakes.