In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Stop and Smell the Flowers

Elsa has not quite been herself the past couple of days. Regardless, we have tried to make the most of the glorious sunshine this week. Yesterday we had a music-filled day with a picnic with friends at the Blue Sky Concert in Decatur Square and music class in the afternoon.

Elsa was fairly clingy at the concert for the first bit, but soon got up the energy to run around so that I could hardly keep up with her (or eat my lunch!). Once she saw the man dressed as a stalk of broccoli, it was all over. She wanted to hug, hug, and hug him some more, and it was quite difficult to try to explain to her that she needed to give some other children a chance to say hello. I wish I had my camera on me when she was giving her hugs. This little girl would just love a trip to Disney World, I do believe. Sadly, I don't think her daddy is so much on board.


Elsa was extremely clingy and reserved in music class -- even more so than normal. She finally got up when the "flags" came out, but still only really to bring the ribbon wand back to me so that I could wave it around.

Today we met our friends at the Atlanta Botanical Garden. I had not been there in awhile, and many changes have been made since my last visit. I cannot wait to become members once we return from our trip. The new edible garden alone is enough reason to be a member. And the children's garden never ceases to enchant me. Elsa enjoyed it okay, but there was a lot of this going on:



I had brought her swim diaper and swimsuit along so she could play in the water in the children's garden, but she did not seem too interested in even attempting it, so we headed home and left our friends to the fun. She did, however, find a little energy to stop and smell the flowers and run around in the grass just a bit. All of the fountains and waterfalls were quite intriguing as well.








And her little friends had enough energy to make up for Elsa's lack thereof!



2 comments:

Alison LeBlanc said...

I hope she is doing better soon! I am glad you guys were able to come to the gardens- we are going to miss you! Would you mind sending me the picture of Jude and I when you get a chance?

Natalia said...

So cute! There can just could never be enough pictures of Elsa smelling flowers.