The Harvest Festival at Gabriela's (Elsa's playgroup) took place on the first day of fall (autumnal equinox) this year, September 22. This is the festival I enjoy most during the "school year," which I am sure has nothing to do with the fact that fall is, by far, my favorite season.
Elsa and I went early since Avie was still napping, and Jarrett and Avie joined us later. Everyone helped prepare the food, and we ended up with a bounty, consisting of stew, soup, frittata, vegetable kabobs, salad, fresh bread, and apple cider.
We all contribute by bringing food, by washing and chopping and cooking, by sharing talents (there was various instrument playing and singing), by participating in the harvest circle (more singing), and by eating together and generally enjoying one another's company. The weather was gorgeous, and it was just a nice, relaxing afternoon.











No comments:
Post a Comment