A week ago Saturday, Jarrett and decided to move Avie to the guest room (we set up the portable crib in there) and were fully prepared to let her "cry it out" a bit to attempt to start training her to sleep through the night. Jarrett was onboard with being on duty, if she were to wake up and needed consoling. But we both lucked out. Avie did not wake up until 6:45 a.m. on Sunday morning. And she did great Sunday night too, not waking until around 7:15 a.m. Monday morning. Of course -- I am finally off duty and, after having to get up at least once or twice with her for over a year, she decides to just sleep right on through. Craziness.
But then I jinxed us by telling everyone the good news on Monday, and she woke up Monday night. We let her cry for at least five minutes, but then Jarrett went up and rubbed her back... which only ticked her off even more. "What do you mean you're not going to pick me up?" He attempted to come back to bed, we let her cry some more, and then Jarrett went up again. Apparently he rubbed her back for quite some time (she quieted down, from what I heard over the monitor, fairly quickly), and then Jarrett just decided to sleep on the couch upstairs in case he had to go in again. But he never had to do so.
Since then, there have been maybe two nights that I have heard her cry over the monitor, but it lasts for maybe a minute, and then she goes back to sleep until around 7:00 a.m. or later. So I am one happy mama!
Now I have to decide when I am going to try to put the girls back together. Elsa has been rather pleased with having a room to herself again, and every night asks, "Is Avie going to sleep in the green room tonight?" (The "green room" is the guest room.) But I have to at least try it again. If it doesn't work out, I guess we will have to do some rethinking as to whether we will have a dedicated playroom...
No comments:
Post a Comment