It has not been long since my last, belated post, but Avie still mustered some accomplishments in that time. Last I wrote about her, she was standing on her own. Now, in the past week, she has actually taken a few steps. We have yet to capture them on video (poor second child), but hopefully soon. She is still very wobbly, but she is getting there, and she is so proud of herself. The grin she gets on her face is so fabulous -- oh, that grin.
On Friday, she discovered mayonnaise at Farm Burger, and was in complete heaven. Avie is such the emulator. She saw me dipping my fries in the mayo and decided to try it herself. And then she tasted it and could not stop. She was dipping pieces of burger, mushroom, sweet potato. And then she just went ahead and picked up the cup and was trying to just lick the rest out. It was fabulous. Yep, she is my daughter.
Though Avie will not totally "get" Christmas this year, I am still excited to see her take in the sights as we enter the holiday season. We all know she will literally devour Thanksgiving. But I think she is going to think the tree and all the Christmas lights are pretty fantastic too.
And this little girl might really be on the move by the time Christmas actually rolls around.




1 comment:
Aw! Sweet, beautiful girl! And I love the pictures from your nature hike post. Makes my soul happy.
Post a Comment