One week ago today, Aveline hit the fifteen-month mark. And between Monday and Wednesday of this last week, she went from walking the span of the width of a room, still with trepidation and a high wobbly factor, to walking all over the house, choosing that mode over crawling most of the time. We are now at my parents' house in Charlotte, and she is not choosing to crawl at all, is making turns (somewhat wobbly, but still doing it), and is a lot more steady in her step. It is so fun watching her. I think she is so enthralled with walking that her attention toward the sparkling Christmas tree and colorful presents is next to nil.
We went to see Dr. Owen on Thursday, and even though Avie was hungry, thirsty, tired, and utterly annoyed that we had just spent the previous two hours in the vet's waiting room, she took her one polio shot like a champ, once again. She did not even flinch. It was just a vaccination visit, so there is no update on her measurements, but we will get those in three months. Aside from her slight reaction to cow's milk (diaper rash and rash on her cheeks), she seems to be a very healthy girl. We are all still in love with her rolls. I will most certainly be sad when the baby chub is a thing of the past.
Avie still uses mostly sign language to get her point across, but also uses some words. She added "hat" to her vocabulary (which is nearly always accompanied by the sign), and I would probably even consider it her first real word, aside from "uh-oh," "mama," "dada" (or "daddy"), and "up." She tries to say "dog," "snack," and "clock," though I am probably the only one who really understands what she is saying. She, as you might have seen in Elsa's dance video, is also attempting to sing now, which I just love.
She still loves baths and will try to start taking her clothes off if you even mention the word. She is still definitely attached to "Mommy's shirt." (Lord help me if we ever misplace that shirt. I really need to check Gap and see if they still make this t-shirt in the same color.)
Avie is a dream to put to bed, especially now that she is not even nursing anymore. Change her diaper, make sure she has Mommy's shirt, say "Night, night" and "I love you," and give her a kiss. That is pretty much it. We do run white noise in the girls' room, but they could really take it or leave it. She is also still a big eater. She will finish eating a big meal at the table, and then see something laying around the house or in the car and want to eat immediately once again. She is turning her nose up at a few things now, but thankfully those things are few.
Elsa and Aveline are pals a lot of the time now. In the mornings, I often hear them chatting with each other and Elsa giving various toys to Avie in the crib. And now that Avie can walk, as I expected would happen, they chase each other, both squealing and laughing with delight. Elsa is still not thrilled with Avie taking her "special toys" (whatever they happen to be that particular day), but overall they seem to have fun together. I am sure the bond will only grow stronger as time passes.








No comments:
Post a Comment