And several costume changes. For the first celebration with Gabriela's group, Elsa was a ballerina. She put on a dress out of her dress-up collection, and I put her hair up, high on top of her head. And that was that. For the playgroup celebration, we were at a neighbor's house, who happens to have a fairly large piece of property, set back from the road. We were able to set up the little nursery rhyme stations, and we sent two groups through, stopping to hear each nursery rhyme (and pick up a treat) along the way, just like in years past. This year, I was in charge of pulling it together and, in the end, I think it turned out alright. It is always so fun seeing the children so enchanted.
The candy only lasted so long around here before I said enough was enough and got rid of most of it... but I did allow the girls to indulge a little. ;)
Oh, and might I add that Elsa had originally decided she was going to be Cinderella for Halloween. Thank goodness for a collection of cheap, consignment-sale-find dress-up clothes!










No comments:
Post a Comment