I would like to think that one of these days I will find enough time to go back in fill in the blanks between Halloween and now, but we shall see. For now, though, I would like to celebrate this girl.
She turned five-and-a-half last Friday and, as we do around here for half-birthdays, we celebrated in a couple of low-key ways. First, I attempted a first French braid on her.
It seemed to fit pretty well with the outfit she chose for herself that morning. We already had a play date planned for her with her friend, Calliope, so while Elsa was at Gabriela's at playgroup, Avie and I made a batch of gluten-free chocolate cupcakes. And after we brought Elsa and Calliope back home, we all indulged.
She blew out a candle and the whole works. Why not, right? (And don't you love the dress-up outfits Calliope brought over to share that afternoon?)
Elsa also had the privilege of choosing dinner. Usually, around here, it is eat what is served for dinner or don't eat. And I continuously use the phrase, "It is the last meal of the day." So to be able to choose dinner is kind of a big deal. The options were pizza or chicken, and she chose pizza (we have two new pizza fans in our house!). So gluten-free pepperoni pizza it was!
Happy half-birthday, to my first. A proud five-and-a-half-year-old she certainly is!






No comments:
Post a Comment