Yesterday topped the girlishness factor, though, with something I could hardly believe I was finding myself doing. I took Elsa with me to get a pedicure. Her first painting of the toenails (Chick-fil-a was so kind as to do the first painting of the fingernails on Daddy/Daughter Date Night around Valentine's Day). And those tootsies didn't just get painted... they were pampered. They soaked, they were massaged, they were slathered with lotion. And then those little nails were painted purple, complete with little white daisies painted on top. (I have to admit, they look pretty cute... much cuter than those fingernails looked.)
Elsa has been asking since she was about four to have her toes painted. And not only did she want them painted, she wanted to go to the place Mommy mysteriously disappears to with friends every once in awhile and then reappears with a new color of toe art. So I told her that when she was five, we would do it. Then she turned five, and since has asked me at least twice a month, and I kept pushing it off, mainly because of monetary reasons. But yesterday was the day, and we had a really fun time together.
We stopped at Starbucks on the way to the salon (latte for Mommy, hot cocoa for Elsa), and then settled into our big massage chairs (yes, Elsa chose to have her massage feature on as well, but complete with a little pillow propping up her back). After the beautification of our toenails, we went to lunch at Elsa's choice—Moe's.
It was so wonderful to have such a big chunk of one-on-one time with my biggest girl, being silly and being pampered. I think I have decided it is okay for her to relish in (an appropriate amount) of girly-ness... as long as she also continues to learn that it is also okay for a girl to get those pampered feet tired and dirty as well.






No comments:
Post a Comment