Aveline turned two-and-a-half years old a week ago Sunday (March 16). For her little celebration, we baked gluten-free chocolate chip cookies and put a birthday candle in Avie's. Of course, I didn't think to put her one cookie on a plate by itself, so when I presented a platter of four cookies, and then tried to distribute the other three after the singing/blowing out of candle, a tantrum ensued. Oh well. She recovered fairly quickly after I told her how good my cookie was and then proceeded to threaten to eat hers.
On the Thursday prior to Avie's half-birthday, we went to see Susan, the nurse practitioner at our doctor's office, for a half-year well visit. She measured 3 feet, 2 inches tall, was 28 pounds, and had a head circumference of 19.25 inches. She was not due for any vaccinations (lucky girl), and other than the norm, we discussed a little bit of athlete's foot between her toes and a diaper issue she would probably shoot me for discussing in a public environment later in life (so I won't).
Aveline is definitely in a "do it by myself" phase, so offering plenty of acceptable options and choices is the way to go these days. Most of the time she is her happy-go-lucky self, with that cute little grin plastered on her little round face. But if she doesn't get her way, boy, watch out... for approximately two-and-a-half minutes.
Happy half-birthday, Miss Aveline Muir!









1 comment:
I got a good laugh at this. I think I'd cry if treats were taken off my plate too-- right up to the point where someone threatened to eat whatever I had left. Your mothering instincts are spot on!
She's adorable. Happy half-birthday, Miss Aveline!
Post a Comment