In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Sunday, August 19, 2007

BBQ, Blues, & Bluegrass

Jarrett and I spent the first half of yesterday looking for, and eventually joining, a gym. It's been too blasted hot to exercise in any form outdoors, which is our usual preference since we love cycling, walking, and jogging (actually I have a love/hate relationship with jogging, but whatever), so we decided we really needed to do something to revive our exercise routine. We looked at a couple of gyms, but decided on the YMCA -- the East Lake location, specifically, because it is very close to our house. I'm quite excited about taking full advantage of it this week.

The second half of the day included volunteering at the front gate of the Decatur BBQ, Blues, & Bluegrass Festival that is held annually here in Oakhurst. It was quite hot, but thankfully there was at least a slight breeze, which did help out in making the gathering bearable. Unfortunately, by the time we (and our friends who joined in on the festivities) decided to eat, the line for the BBQ was outrageously long and, to make matters worse, they had temporarily run out of food and it was going to be about 30 minutes before they would be able to start serving again. Needless to say, that wasn't going to cut it, so we walked over to one of the local establishments and had a nice dinner at Mezcalito's Cantina instead. More friends joined us after our meal, and though I was quite enjoying the music, the others didn't really want to pay the cover to get in, so we ended up walking back to our place and hanging out there. It was a nice evening -- despite the fact that I once again stayed up too late. Surprise, surprise. Oh -- and I have war wounds too. I, the idiot, tripped over the broken sidewalk and took a nice spill. There were no broken bones, though -- just skin -- so all is well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No broken bones? Well I suggest you go back out and try harder!