I now have a new work schedule, which allows me every other Friday off by working an hour later Monday through Thursday. The longer workdays are actually better for Jarrett, so it makes carpooling even easier than before. This past Friday was my first Friday off, and though I told myself that these "extra" days would be set aside for photography, all I really managed to do was remove my Polaroid film from the refrigerator so that it would come to room temperature. Nothing happened past that point. I really thought I was going to work on some Polaroid transfers with images taken on our France/Italy trip but, alas, all I really accomplished Friday was a lot of housecleaning, laundry, and a trip to the dog park/long walk with Merckx. Not that those things are bad. Cleaning on Friday is allowing me to have a much more enjoyable Saturday and Sunday. Hey, and at least my film is thawed out so that if I do decide to work on the transfers, it's ready.
Yesterday morning Jarrett and I worked out at the Y and later went to see Superbad in the theater. Mom, this isn't a movie for you, but Jarrett and I found it to be quite amusing. And how can you resist a face like Christopher Mintz-Plasse's? I've seen Jonah Hill and Michael Cera in other movies/televison shows -- but I hope all three of these guys have a big future ahead of them. They make me laugh.
Last night we had a fabulous dinner over at our friends' (Mitch and Richard) house. Mitch is an awesome cook -- we had a mushroom soup to die for; stuffed calamari; a spinach salad with goat cheese, beets, walnuts, cranberries, etc.; a rib roast; squash casserole; fresh butter beans; and a tres leches cake with homemade peach ice cream for dessert. I'm still full.
I don't know what is on the agenda for today. We talked about going to watch the Manchester United match at Fado's, but Jarrett isn't even out of bed yet, so we'll see how that goes. The plan was to go to early church and then straight to the bar. Jarrett never plans on staying out as long as we actually do. So he's asleep and I'm wide awake (and have been since about 7:00 a.m.). Figures.
1 comment:
I didn't realize you decided to try the new schedule. Good for you. I was completely exhausted by Friday and slept much of the day. Eventually, I hope to be more productive. Maybe.
Post a Comment