In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Monday, August 13, 2007

Wedding Bells



Jarrett's dad was remarried this weekend in Raleigh, NC, so Jarrett and I made the trip up there because we, of course, wanted to attend the wedding -- and it was kind of important we be there since Jarrett was the best man. We dropped Merckx off with my parents in Charlotte and stayed with them Friday night, went to breakfast Saturday morning, and then headed further on up the road. The wedding was very nice, and it was fun visiting with everyone and meeting some of Susan's (the bride) family at the party that followed at Susan's townhouse. It was especially nice meeting Sarah, Susan's daughter -- Jarrett, Stephen, and I had much fun being completely loud and obnoxious with her in the pool Saturday night. I'm very happy for both Bill and Susan -- I think they are good for each other, and I wish them all of the happiness in the coming years.

Jarrett, Stephen, and I stayed at a hotel in Raleigh Saturday night and, after visiting a bit longer with Bill, Susan, and Sarah, we headed back toward home. We stopped off briefly in High Point, which gave us a chance to see Jarrett's mom and grandparents. It was great to get the chance to at least say hello. We then made another stop in Charlotte to pick up Merckx, and my brother happened to be at the house, so we got the chance to see him for a short amount of time as well.

All in all, it was an enjoyable trip, though we were both extremely happy to get out of the car last night and crawl into our own bed. Poor Jarrett had to wake up at the crack of dawn this morning to make an overnight trip to Boston for work. Hopefully he'll at least get the chance to take a catnap on the plane. I'm pretty sure I'll daydream about crawling under my desk this afternoon and doing the same.

No comments: