We've been without gas for something like 24 hours now. Apparently there was a drop in gas line pressure caused by repair work on a regulating station. Atlanta Gas Light personnel went door to door to turn off everyone's gas (this is a citywide -- City of Decatur -- issue, as I understand it) so they can make the needed repairs, and then they have to go back around, door to door, to turn everyone's gas back on, light pilot lights, etc., and you have to be home for them to do this. I guess that is a plus to now being a stay-at-home mom. I definitely want to be around when they come back to turn it on.
Not having hot water has made a good excuse to make this a fairly lazy day. I have opted to lounge around in my yoga pants, pullover fleece, and slippers, sans shower. I have played with Elsa quite a lot since her morning nap was very short, but she is asleep again now, allowing me to finish a movie (Rachel Getting Married -- I don't really recommend it unless you're ready for a really overwhelmingly bumpy ride with an extremely dysfunctional family) and even knit some. But don't fret -- I did throw in a couple of loads of cold-water-washed laundry since our dryer is apparently not run on gas as I thought it was.
It was around 10:30 this morning that they turned our gas off, so I am not holding much hope of having the gas back on by dinnertime. Thankfully we have leftover Chinese from our emergency food delivery last night.
No comments:
Post a Comment