In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Locks of Love

Today was a big day. I cut my hair. And not just a little trim -- this was fairly drastic. I cannot even remember the last time I went to see Admira at Terra Mater Salon. I know I was pregnant, but I was not even showing at the time, and now Elsa is six months old, so I would say it has probably been about nine months. Needless to say, it was about time to do something. Over the years I for some reason always imagined having long hair for both my wedding and the birth of my child, and I managed to make both of those images a reality. My hair was quite long when I finally cut it after growing it out for the wedding, but I think it was even longer this morning before I had it chopped. Since I had let it grow out so long, I decided back in December that I was going to let it get long enough to be able to donate my hair to Locks of Love. They require that you send in at least ten inches, as that is the minimum length needed to make a hairpiece, and you have to have it cut off in either a ponytail or a braid. So before they gave me my most delightful scalp massage and washed my hair (is there really anything better than having someone else wash your hair -- I'm sure I can think of something, but it seemed like the best thing ever today), Admira measured my ponytail and clipped it at the ten-inch mark. After some evening-out and some styling, I ended up with a cut I quite like. I liked my long hair, but I think it was starting to drag my face down and was making me look rather tired -- or maybe I just am tired. Either way, I was ready for a change. So here I present to you the old me and the new me.





5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I absolutely LOVE your cut. Yay!

WILL said...

I like your haircut sis

Anonymous said...

The new do is cute! (not as cute as that photo of Elsa, however)

Christi said...

I don't even TRY to compete with Elsa's cuteness.

Anonymous said...

I like the new 'do! You and Elsa can have matching Mommy/baby hair! - Kim F