In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa
Monday, March 16, 2009
God Bless Coyote's
Since going dairy- and soy-free, it has proven quite difficult to get food from restaurants. Sure, I can have them hold the cheese and the mayo (usually made with soybean oil), and even switch out the bread on my own since it often has both dairy and soy in the ingredients (I've done this both with takeout brought back to the house and with food eaten at the actual restaurant), but when it comes down to the oil the restaurant actually cooks with, things really get out of control. I have found that quite a few restaurants use vegetable (read: soy -- or at least partially soy) to fry their food. Yes, I realize I should probably avoid fried foods as it is, but sometimes a girl just needs some fries... or fish and chips... or tortilla chips. And, speaking of tortilla chips, Mexican (my favorite) really becomes challenging. So imagine my extreme delight when I found out last night that Coyote's Mexican Grill uses canola oil. And it only took Jarrett and me about 45 minutes of searching menus online and calling restaurants to finally come across the fabulous piece of news. Yes, we were desperate. We cooked for ourselves the entire week last week (gasp!), and neither of us felt like cooking again last night after a somewhat draining day with Elsa. Anyway, so we ordered takeout fajitas, which came with my forever downfall, chips and salsa, and we had a very yummy meal. So God bless you, Coyote's. God bless you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is REALLY awesome! Hooray for Coyote's. :)
Post a Comment