In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Little Taste of the Old Working World

This past Tuesday, I got just a wee little taste of how I used to feel when I went into work on a daily basis. I took on some contract work through my previous employer, and went into the office on Tuesday (while Dear Kate watched Elsa) to pick up a laptop and work through some of the details of the project. It was crazy... I put on an actual, coordinating, business-casual outfit, complete with heels; I had a nice, peaceful drive there and back, listening to music for grown-ups (a rarity these days); and I had meaningful conversations with past coworkers regarding work. Did it make me miss the office? No, not really. However, I am looking forward to spending some time working on something totally unrelated to my child or the general household duties around here. Where I am going to find that time is another story, but I will scrounge it up one way or another.

1 comment:

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

I saw you and Cindy working away. :) Welcome back (a wee little bit).