Happy half-birthday, sweet girl!
In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa
Monday, March 07, 2011
Elsa is Two-and-a-Half
Today is Elsa's half-birthday and, just like last year, even though I thought of it during the weeks leading up, I did not really think of it until the last minute. I did, however, have most of the ingredients on hand for a healthy cupcake recipe from The Petit Appetit Cookbook, so I whipped them up while Elsa napped this afternoon, and had Jarrett bring home the cream cheese I needed for the frosting (which did not turn out so good, in my opinion). Because she woke up really late from her nap, and because Whole Foods had coupons for Earth's Best frozen foods (and, thus, I had one in the freezer), I treated Elsa to an Elmo frozen pasta meal (with broccoli and carrots on the side, of which she did not eat, of course). After dinner, she got to watch a couple of Donald Duck cartoons on the computer (her new favorite), and then was able to (sort of) enjoy her cupcake, complete with the blowing out of a candle, just for fun. She loved blowing out the candle several times, but was not the biggest fan of my attempt at a slightly better-for-you dessert. First she decided she wanted one without frosting. Then she still only maybe took three bites. So, being the softies we are, we let her have a piece of dark chocolate as well. That she savored.
Happy half-birthday, sweet girl!
Happy half-birthday, sweet girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Happy half-birthday, Elsa! I love how you know what's good (dark chocolate!) and how you say, "Yup" so solemnly. :) Christi & Jarrett--how fun to see her changing and growing from baby to toddler to young girl. She is just lovely.
adorable! half-birthdays are certainly a cause for celebration, and that cupcake looks divine. elsa is so lucky to have such fun parents!
What a lucky girl! Definitely an inspiration as far as half birthday celebrations. My kids will definitely need them with their early January birthdays...
Post a Comment