In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Hair

So I got my hair cut yesterday after probably at least a year of letting it grow back out. It is certainly shorter than the originally planned shoulder-length cut, but it turns out that I really like it. I went to Salon Red for the first time and saw Trey. Jarrett gave me a gift card for the haircut for Valentine's Day, probably because I had been somewhat complaining about the drabness and dullness of my ever-growing locks... and probably because he was as ready for a fresh look as I was. I can now highly recommend both Salon Red and Trey -- I had a great experience.

When I sat down in the chair, I told Trey what I was going for -- something about shoulder length, low maintenance, and no bangs (though I don't mind layers). He immediately thought a razor-cut bob would look great on me because of my long neck and generally lengthy body. I went with it. Then he decided we should measure my hair to see if it could be donated to Locks of Love. If I would go a bit shorter, it definitely could, so after very little thought, I said to go for it. His reply? "I like you already." This is my second donation of hair -- I just figure if I have it to give, why not? It is better than just tossing it in the trash. And so it was done. And this is what I ended up with.


I failed to take a before picture, but you can see from this photo in an earlier blog post that it was getting quite long.

In person, you can see the razor-cut aspects of it much better, especially because he used a flat iron on it to really straighten it out. So, of course, I had to run out and find a discounted flat iron today. I am sure it will not be in use every day, but it will be nice to tame the unruly waves at times, if desired. Overall, I am pleased.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Looks GREAT! Wish I could see it in person! I have always adored your hair short (though you're one of those lucky people who looks great with it at any length-- it was beautiful long too!)

Amy + Michael said...

Christi, I really like it! It makes you look even younger. ;) And so great that what was cut off was long enough to donate to Locks of Love. My hair gets to a certain length and then seems to refuse to grow further, so I'd probably have to go really short if I was to do it. And I am kind of a chicken now having had longer hair for so long. But the short cut is very flattering and very hip on you. :)

Anonymous said...

sis you look smarter with that haircutt lol