Elsa got a surprise in the mail a few weeks ago -- a Valentine from her sweet Great Grandmom Helms. And inside of it was a Valentine coupon for a free Krispy Kreme doughnut. And that coupon expires tomorrow. Because I can no longer delight in the wonderfulness of Krispy Kreme myself, I decided to get by there today so my little one could redeem her coupon and I could delight in watching her enjoy the goodness.
I probably made the mistake of letting her choose her own doughnut, as she insisted on a cake doughnut with chocolate frosting. Anyone who has had a hot, steaming, original glazed Krispy Kreme doughnut knows it is nearly a sin to order any other flavor when that "Hot Now" sign is brightly lit red. I should have just ordered the original to begin with. But, alas, I bowed to her wishes and she got her cake doughnut. And she proceeded to eat pretty much all of the chocolate off the top, but ate very little of the actual doughnut. Oh well. She enjoyed it all the same. And is she not so cute in her Krispy Kreme hat?
They were making doughnuts while we were there, so once she announced she was finished with her treat and her milk, we walked over to the window and watched the doughnut-making process, from the point at which holes are (or are not) punched in the dough and the dough begins to rise to the final glazing step. Elsa was fascinated, watching the doughnuts cook in the oil and then travel down the conveyor belt.
Thank you, Great Grandmom Helms!



4 comments:
Yum! I can't think of a better way to spend a morning morning.
Even though she didn't eat much of her doughnut, I'd say the trip was worth it just to get a picture of her in that hat! Glad you both had fun. :)
She looks like she is taking orders. How cute! Too bad about she didn't try the og, but now there is something to look forward to. How hard was it to be in there smelling those smells? I'd die for a doughnut and cup of coffee now.
leave the cake doughnuts for dunkin donuts--krispy kreme is all about the fresh and now:) elsa will one day learn. she is absolutely adorable, christi:)
Post a Comment