In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love. -- Mother Teresa

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Real Haircut

This probably should be considered Elsa's first haircut since you can tell something was actually done to it, unlike the first go around. Consider that a practice round for Mommy's nerves.

So on Saturday, we made it back to Salon Red Kids. The combing sessions with Elsa were just becoming too much to bear. Tears, screaming, the whole nine -- no matter how much detangler was sprayed, no matter how gentle I tried to be. It was just time. But I was still a little sad to see those locks drop to the ground. And quite nervous that the curls would be gone for good.

Note that the post-haircut photos include a blow-drying session. Since, Elsa has had a bath and we have allowed her hair to air dry, which was proven that the waves are still there -- no real ringlets left, though, it seems. I will try to get a decent photo of her again soon.

Before:



During:



And after (at our lunch at Leon's and fun at the Stone Mountain playground):




3 comments:

Jenny said...

Such a cutie! I cannot believe how much she looks like you!
And yes, DO come to NY! How fun that would be!

Natalia said...

Gorgeous!

Amy + Michael said...

I really like it--frames her face well. :)